Cast iron pipes and fittings work best in sanitary and storm drain, waste, and venting piping applications. Residential construction, hospitals, schools, and industrial and commercial structures are ideal for cast iron pipes and fittings.
Uses of cast iron pipes and fittings
- Buildings. Install cast iron pipes and fittings within the wall partitions to service tub, sink, and toilet fixtures. The main line is a cast iron stack, which runs vertically from the building’s drain up through the structure and out through the roof. The main stack connects to water lines and ties into vent lines above the highest fixture. Some installations, however, have a separate vent stack.
- Drains. The drain is the lowest horizontal piping in your drainage system. It takes in discharge from the ground, waste, and drainage pipes in the building and moves it to the sewer system. The sewer system moves this discharge away from the building to tie into your city’s sewer, a septic tank, or another disposal application.
- Storm drainage. Another excellent use for cast iron pipes and cast iron fittings is storm drainage from roofs, yards, walkways, and courts. Storm drainage pipes collect subsoil drain placed around the building’s foundation and move it to a storm drainage system or into your building’s sump. Roof leaders within the building, move rainwater and snow from the roof down into the building’s drainage system.
Drain, waste, and vent system requirements
- Durability lasting longer than the expected life of the building
- Corrosion resistance
- Fireproof; does not spread flame
- Abrasion resistance
- Withstand temperature extremes
- Withstand traffic and trench loads
- Low coefficient for expanding and contracting
- Leak-proof joints
- Noise resistance
Cast iron pipes and fittings meet or exceed all the above requirements. Experts recommend working with cast iron pipes and fittings for drain, waste, vent, and sewer piping.
The Lino International difference
With over 20 years of service to the plumbing industry, Lino is a reliable partner with quality products, on-time shipments, great value, and guaranteed service. We are an experienced partner for all your plumbing supply and logistical needs.
Contact us today at 1.516.482.7100.